With the advent of Covid 19 in our lives, it is more important than ever to both find and give consistent, trusted, relationship-centred care and support. We wish all of you safety and the protection of your wellbeing in these strange and challenging times.
During the outbreak we are offering our initial visits over video conferencing. We are providing PPE to all our Teams (Teams include the person getting support, family members and others closely involved in support, not just workers) and infection risk is greatly reduced through our matching approach, which means you get the person you choose coming in to support you, not a stream of different people from day to day. People giving support have now had their first vaccinations.
Find or give trusted, reliable, excellent support
- Tell us what's important to you - we offer all kinds of support, ranging from personal care and practical jobs, to help with life admin and community advocacy, to mental health and wellbeing support.
- Choose who supports you - find out about independent workers' interests, skills and experience and know that they are getting a decent wage without you paying more.
- Build your own Team - include friends and family members closely involved, together with community volunteers.
- Offer kind, expert care that plays to your strengths, expertise and experience.
- Fit work to your life, not the other way round. Set your rates and the times you work - get a decent wage for the skilled work you do.
- You both choose - it's a mutual decision to say yes to the support. This means you don't support lots of different people day after day, but get the chance to build, lasting, fulfiling caregiving relationships without the rush.
- Become a member of your local Circle - learn new skills in care, co-operation and wellbeing, support your peers and be supported in turn.
- Join our co-operative - become an owner of Equal Care Co-op and shape decisions and our evolution.