During the coronavirus outbreak we are offering the option of having supportive conversations and trust assessments (these are our care planning tools) over video conferencing. We are giving care and support using various digital tools and providing training and advice over video. We are providing PPE to all our Teams (Teams include the person getting support, family members and others closely involved in support, not just workers) and infection risk is greatly reduced through our matching approach, which means you get the person you choose coming in to support you, not a constant stream of different people from day to day.
Find or give trusted, reliable, excellent support
- Tell us what's important to you - we listen to and learn from your experience.
- Choose who supports you - find out about independent workers' interests, skills and experience and know that they are getting a decent wage without you paying more.
- Build your own Team - include friends and family members closely involved, together with community volunteers.
- Offer kind, expert care that plays to your strengths, expertise and experience.
- Fit work to your life, not the other way round. Set your rates and the times you work - get a decent wage for the skilled work you do.
- You both choose - it's a mutual decision to say yes to the support.
- Become a member of your local Circle - learn new skills in care, co-operation and wellbeing, support your peers and be supported in turn.
- Join our co-operative - become an owner of Equal Care Co-op and shape decisions and our evolution.